Diamond Blade Fencing Club Terms & Conditions
Holiday Camp T&C
Payment, Cancellation and Refunds
Customer Protection Plan (CPP)
Any cancellations made by the participant up to and including 7 days before the starting date will incur a 100% charge. Cancellations made by the participant up to and including 14 days before the starting date will incur a 50% charge. Cancellations made by the participant 14 days or more before the booking will not incur a charge. This is so we are able to offer the place to someone else if your child is unable to attend.
Cancellation must be in writing
Once your child has attended their first day, on any given Diamond Blade Fencing product, CPP only covers for illness and in accordance with the following terms. In all cases, illness must be validated by a Doctors’ note.
We will be taking photos and videos of the camp and it's participants. If you do not wish for your child's photo/video to appear on any social media platforms as well as any advertising/marketing materials that Diamond Blade Fencing Club uses, please let us know ASAP via email at
• Only full payment is regarded as acceptance of our booking conditions.
• Diamond Blade Fencing accepts payment by credit or debit card, BACS (bank transfer) and cheque.
• No booking is fully confirmed until a full payment is received.
• To qualify for the Early Bird Booking Rate, bookings must be paid for before or on the date of expiry (see our website/booking link for specific season discount dates)
• Only in exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel particular dates/venues.
• In this event, we will give those booked onto the programme at least 7 days’ notice and will offer a suitable alternative if one is available. Or put a credit to the value of your booking on file for future use on any Diamond Blade Fencing Club product.
• All the information in our literature is correct at time of printing.
• Changes may occur and, if so, Diamond Blade Fencing Club will inform parents via email as quickly as possible.
• Our standard hours for all camps and courses are 930am to 3:30pm.
• Only in special circumstances can a child be dropped off early or / picked up late to a maximum of 30 minutes per session, a charge of £10/day/family is applicable.
• All children must be collected by 3:30pm.
• If for any reason you are detained and unable to collect by 3:30pm, we ask that you call us as soon as possible.
• At least one member of staff will wait with your child until they are collected.
• You will be charged a late pick-up fee of £5 for every 30 minutes after 3:30pm to cover this staffing cost.
• We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from parents who continually pick up late.
• We respectfully remind you that children need to bring their own packed lunch, mid-session snack and drinks bottle. Diamond Blade Fencing Club do NOT provide any food, snacks or juices at camp. We do have drinking water on site to keep your children hydrated throughout the day.
• We have a no sharing food policy. We respectfully ask for nut products (such as peanut butter, Nutella and bags of nuts) not to be placed in pack lunches.
• Campers should wear appropriate clothing for indoor and outdoor activities.
• All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
• Diamond Blade Fencing Camp requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
• Diamond Blade Fencing will only administer medication in an emergency, as instructed by the parent and if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
• In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
• Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to each child’s coach of the day for safe-keeping.
• We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our first aider or Camp Senior Coach on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
Equal Opportunities and Child Protection
• Diamond Blade Fencing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all children, regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion.
• Each child attending camp is of equal value and is entitled to equal access to all available opportunities.
• We operate a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination or bullying of any kind.
• Diamond Blade Fencing has legal obligations in relation to Child Protection.
• As a caring organisation, any suggestion of child abuse or neglect will be investigated and reported to our regulator, British Fencing Association or other official agencies.
• It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs, wherever possible.
• The needs of each child vary, so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to fully participate in and enjoy activities at any of our camps and courses.
• We request that parents of children with specific needs contact our Club Welfare Officer, Sheryl Chiu-Sosnov at +44 (0) 7584906651 to discuss how we can best accommodate their child, and consider whether any special arrangements need to be made.
• On rare occasions, if a child proves incompatible with the general well-being of camp, e.g. they are involved in bullying or are engaged in disruptive or aggressive behaviour, we reserve the right to exclude them.
• No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parents’ responsibility.
• We will use your details to contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services.
• You may opt out of our mailing list when booking or afterwards at any stage.If you do not wish to receive such offers, you may also opt out of this at any stage.
• We aim to provide the best possible care for all children at all times.
• Please tell other parents if you are happy with your experience.
• If you have concerns or suggestions, please tell us; we value your feedback and use it to develop and improve our services.
• Concerns should be raised with our Senior Coaches and/or our Club Welfare Officer (Sheryl Chiu-Sosnov at +44 (0) 7584906651) as soon as possible so that we can do our best in resolving any issues that have arisen and find an agreeable resolution that is satisfactory to all concerned parties.
• Diamond Blade Fencing requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs.
• Diamond Blade Fencing Camps will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
• For health & safety reasons, we require that all children are fully toilet trained. We cannot accept children that require nappies and reserve the right to exclude any child that does not fulfil these requirements.
Behaviour Code of Conduct
• Diamond Blade Fencing Camps encourages a relaxed atmosphere on Camp and aims to promote positive behaviour at all times.
• Upon booking you agree that your child or children will:
• Respect the property of others
• Be patient, honest, fair, and polite to others
• Not use abusive or obscene language
• Not be aggressive in the way they speak or behave towards others
• Will respect and treat others as they would wish to be treated
• We have a responsibility for ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care and have approved procedures for managing behaviour.
• The company follows a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination, bullying and persistent poor behaviour of any kind, irrespective of any special needs.
We are Diamond Blade Fencing Limited and this data protection notice gives detailed information as to when and why we collected personal information from you, how we keep it secure and how we use it.
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation which relates to the processing of personal data, came into effect. This new regulation is aimed at protecting people’s personal data and electronic privacy. Diamond Blade Fencing has updated our Data Protection Notice in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How We Collected Your Personal Information
We collected information when you interacted with us including when you visited our websites, signed up for our emails (whether online, in person or over the phone).
We collected your personal information in one of the ways described below:
When you contacted us to book over the telephone or by email
When you booked online
When you booked in person at one of our events
When you visited our website, completed forms, or sent us an enquiry.
When you completed online forms, such as for general contact or bookings
If you otherwise contacted us by telephone, email or post.
What personal information we collected:
We collected information that was necessary to perform the services you have requested or that was otherwise necessary for us to operate our services and continue to improve the experience of our customers and employees.
We collected the following information from you:
Information obtained directly from you (for example, in person, over the phone, by post, or when you interact with us online:
Birthday/s of child/ren
Contact telephone number
Child/ren information including school/s he/she/they attend
Where relevant we may have also collected:
Payment Card details (although please be aware we will not hold such information for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
Delivery address(es) and/or Billing address(es)
Details of goods and services purchased by you
Carer/Guardian contact info
Information provided in correspondence when you contact us
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it:
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide information you have asked for, to provide a service (or goods) you have requested from us, to request additional information from you, to develop and improve our services and to raise money for and otherwise operate. Below we describe how and why we use this information and how long we retain it.
We may use your information in the following ways:
To fulfil our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business.
Fulfilling purchases you have made of our goods and services (including our events or other commercial experiences)
Processing your payments (although please be aware we will not hold your payment details for any longer than necessary to process your transaction)
Contacting you with any important information in relation to your purchase of goods or services including confirmation of your orders, reminders, details of any changes, delays or other information relevant to your booking
Thank you letters and for the internal administration of any of your purchases from us
To contact you to respond to your queries (for example, if you email us with a question) and in improving our websites and online services
How We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
Diamond Blade Fencing will not share, sell or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties without your express prior permission.
We shall share your data with third parties who are performing services on our behalf (for example, where we use third party payment processing services), in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example fraud protection) or in order to enforce our rights, property or the safety of the Diamond Blade Fencing, our visitors or others.
We may share your personal information with the following organisations:
Service providers working on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processing, database services, website hosting services, providers or online and/or cloud services
third party data services and analytics platforms who assist us with segmenting and understanding our audiences
If we have your permission, or it is otherwise made expressly clear in advance, we may share your personal information with:
Partner schools venues
If we are required to do so by law (for example under money laundering or charity law legislation, or under a court order) we may share your personal information with the police, other law enforcement or regulatory bodies or a government authority investigating unlawful activities.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you.
Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way. You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Data Protection Notice);
To have accurate information held about you, and to have your details updated when they are inaccurate
You can contact us by email, telephone, by mail, or in person to update your details with us
To ask us to delete your data (often called the “right to be forgotten”). We might not always be able to delete it, under the law there are some circumstances in which we will need to, or are entitled to, hold on to it
To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us)
To object to how we use your data, and request that we stop using it for certain purposes. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict such uses of your information, but we are entitled to refuse that request
To withdraw your consent, where we are using your personal information with your consent (as described above in the ‘Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How we use it” section)
To ask us to transfer your data to another organisation, where your data is held in a machine-readable, commonly used way, and can be safely transferred
If we make a decision about you using automated means, you have right to request that the decision be reviewed by a human
The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner () if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us
To exercise your rights, please use our contact details below.
We may request additional information so that we can verify your identity (and to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it). This may include:
A colour copy of your driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill
If your request relates to a specific transaction with Diamond Blade Fencing, evidence of that transaction (i.e. a receipt or confirmation)
We may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us enact your rights in accordance with the law
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances, we will notify you.
Security of Your Personal Data
Diamond Blade Limited is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Protection Notice.
Please note that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website, however, once we have received your data, we will use adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to This Data Protection Notice
We keep this data protection notice under review and will let you know about any changes made to it by email or another suitable method of communication. The latest version of this notice will always be available on this page located within our website.
Contact Us About Your Personal Data
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint relation to our use of your personal information, you may contact our Data Protection Officer using the following details:
Data Protection Officer
Diamond Blade Fencing
6A Priory Terrace