Our club policies including data protection can be found here. We have pulled out the most relevant bits here.
Our child protection policy can be found here.
CODE OF CONDUCT
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY POLICY
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
SAFEGUARDING FOR PARENTS
We will be taking photos and videos of the camp and its participants. If you do not wish for your child's photo/video to appear on any social media platforms as well as any advertising/marketing materials that Diamond Blade Fencing Club uses, please let us know ASAP via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our standard hours for all camps and courses are 930am to 12pm (1st session); 1230pm-3pm (2nd session); 330pm-6pm (3rd session)
• Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are unable to accept early drop-offs or late pick ups
• All children must be dropped off and no more than 10 minutes before the session and picked up on time.
• If for any reason you are detained and unable to collect on time, we ask that you call us/inform us as soon as possible
• At least one member of staff will wait with your child until they are collected
• We reserve the right to refuse future bookings from parents who continually pick up late
• We respectfully remind you that children need to bring their own packed lunch, healthy, mid-session snack and water bottle. Diamond Blade Fencing Club do NOT provide any food, snacks or juices at camp. We do have drinking water on site to keep your children hydrated throughout the day.
• We have a no sharing food policy. We respectfully ask for nut products (such as peanut butter, Nutella and bags of nuts) not to be placed in pack lunches
• Students should wear appropriate clothing - Sports trainers with socks, long trousers and short or long t-shirts.
• All children in our care are covered by our Public Liability Insurance under British Fencing Association.
• Diamond Blade Fencing Camp requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for 48 hours after the last symptom occurs
• Diamond Blade Fencing will only administer medication in an emergency, as instructed by the parent and if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional
• In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
• Essential prescribed medication must be handed in to each child’s coach of the day for safe-keeping
• We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our first aider or Camp Senior Coach on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES AND CHILD PROTECTION
• Diamond Blade Fencing is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all children, regardless of their gender, ability, race or religion
• Each child attending camp is of equal value and is entitled to equal access to all available opportunities
• We operate a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination or bullying of any kind
• Diamond Blade Fencing has legal obligations in relation to Child Protection
• As a caring organisation, any suggestion of child abuse or neglect will be investigated and reported to our regulator, British Fencing Association or other official agencies.
• It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs, wherever possible
• The needs of each child vary, so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis, depending on the level of support each individual child requires to enable them to fully participate in and enjoy activities at any of our camps and courses
• We request that parents of children with specific needs contact our Club Welfare Officer, Sheryl Chiu-Sosnov at +44 (0) 7584906651 to discuss how we can best accommodate their child, and consider whether any special arrangements need to be made.
• On rare occasions, if a child proves incompatible with the general well-being of camp, e.g. they are involved in bullying or are engaged in disruptive or aggressive behaviour, we reserve the right to exclude them.
• No refund will be made for any remaining days booked, and any costs associated with the exclusion, including transport home, will be the parents’ responsibility.
• We will use your details to contact you via email/mail or text with future information about our services
• You may opt out of our mailing list when booking. If you do not wish to receive such offers, you may also opt out of this at any stage. The sooner you let us know, the better!
CANCELLATION POLICY ON ALL OUR CAMPS, WORKSHOPS & LESSONS: Any cancellations made by the participant up to and including 7 days before the starting date will incur a 100% charge. Cancellations made by the participant up to and including 14 days before the starting date will incur a 50% charge. Cancellations made by the participant 14 days or more before the booking will not incur a charge. This is so we are able to offer the place to someone else if your child is unable to attend. When payment has been made at the start of the term/workshop/camp we are not able to refund, transfer or offer credit due to a participant being unable to participate in our activities due to any variety of circumstances that are outside of our control.